Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ten Things...

I have been focusing a lot on fashion/outfit posts because quite frankly...I was a hot mess before this blog started. Husband's t-shirts, target pj bottoms...hair a big thick, curly, but more frizzy mess...Pale skin (I live in Hawaii so this is a problem)...Dressing up to me was my tie-dye yoga shorts I got at our local health food store, and a plain black t-shirt...hey I still love it sometimes, but I was feeling pretty down and gloomy about my looks inside and out. These outfit posts have really helped and encouraged me to have fun again with my looks, and looking at the pictures helps me accept me for who I am.
 
Still, I want to share more. I am trying to get back into a vegan lifestyle. I want to experiment in the kitchen, and document this journey. I am still trying to get my little etsy business back in order with my jewelry. It has been on the back burner with my hubby gone for a week, but I will proceed as soon as more time permits. I want to make a difference in the world I live, and I want to show it. As one of my posts this week stated..."the best is yet to come"...Here we go!
 
For now...Ten things about me...Then things I want to share...
 
1. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, but grew up since I was five in a suburb called Kirkland outside of Seattle, Washington...
 
2. I am quite shy. I try to be more outgoing, but I am so fearful of rejection. I learned in high school and college to be more outgoing with the help of alcohol. I was a party girl, but after many struggles I have realized that unintoxicated me is much better. Drinking friends are a blast, but they are usually only ever friends you drink with. Shy isn't the best trait for someone writing a blog, right?
 
3. My hubby is 20 years older than muah. I technically have a stepdaughter that is only 2 years younger than me...a post for another day. He is a handsome and wonderful man, so young at heart, and stronger in mind and body than many my age. Go Pali! We met in Alaska, at a fishing lodge...yet a post for another day!
 
4. I dreamt of living in Hawaii since I was a teen, now going on 6 years here...Not what I thought, quite expensive, a lot of unfriendly people in Kona, getting so crowded, and the list goes on. I now dream of living on the East Coast, or buying an RV and traveling the entire US with my family, then off to Europe.
 
5. I have a BA in English Literature, and at 21 started working full-time in a bar and grill. Wasn't the best for someone who shouldn't drink, but it helped me so much in breaking out of the shy shell.
 
6. Having a eating disorder along with drinking too much really ruined some amazing friendships I had. I still hope to repair them. It is crazy how addiction takes you over.
 
7. I adore both of my grandmothers Betty and Mary. They have always been so great to me. I have a very toxic relationship with my mother, and having my grandmas so positive has been a godsend.
 
8. I love mexican food. Thankfully, my hubby makes the best tacos and buritos for me whenever I am craving them. Very healthy versions too!
 
9. I have always wanted to be a hair stylist, and work for my best friend Lolo who owns her own salon in the heart of Seattle.
 
10. Growing up in Seattle area during the grunge phase made me want to marry my own rockstar...I have been to hundreds of shows. My hubby doesn't play music, or sing, and his dancing abilities is like that of a spaghetti dancer at a Dead show on acid!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment